Monday, October 4, 2010

Another rainy day


From: Emmabuddyandkid@kittymail.com
To: Tatum@cheerful.com
Date: 10/4/10 09:34:22

Hi, Emma here.  After that great summer with no rain, it seems like it's always raining now.  I am bored with rain, and I hate getting it on my fur!  If I get stuck outside in the rain I have to find a dry place and then run for the house when I see someone at the sliding door on the deck.  If I'm lucky enough to be inside, I have to deal with the yappers.  Oh, such a funny thing happened with one last night.  Ziggy has a hurt paw, and Loveymom took him to the vet for it this weekend.  He had this funny looking bandage on it and he was limping something bad.  Well, he was running around on three legs, holding his leg up in the air, so I walked over and stood where he could see me and I dangled my paw in the air just like he was doing - just to harass him a little bit.  I thought he'd come after me and then I'd run to Loveymom because she loves me better than them and she'd protect me.  Well, he just stood there, and eventually asked me if I had a hurt paw too!  What a stupid dog.  But Loveymom got the joke - she started laughing and then when the yarn lady came home she told her about it. 

I've barely seen Kid in the last day.  I think he's stuck out in the weather, poor guy.  Buddy's been his usual self, trying to keep Kid from coming in the house, but Buddy doesn't want to be out in the rain any more than I do.  And since he only chases Kid when they're outdoors, if Kid could just get inside he'd be fine.  Well, maybe later. 
-------------------
From: peepmissrudyandlt@gmail.com
To: Tatum@cheerful.com
Date: 10/4/10 12:08:14

Rudy here. By the Great Cat – I want this rain to stop!  Although I must say we’re having a much easier time of it than the Mommy is down in Mary Land.  She told Daddy that it absolutely poured almost without stopping for two whole days last week, and rained most of the other ones.  I hope she didn’t have to drive through too much rain last night when she went back.  I worry about her with all the driving she has to do.  I thought the Daddy would never leave today.  When it rains he doesn’t do as much work, since he’s almost always outside when he does it.  I can’t use the computer if he’s home, even if he’s asleep.  Can you imagine him walking into the office when I’m reading my email?  Oh, that would be rich.  He’d probably put two and two together and figure out it was me with the viruses, and buying the turnip seeds a couple years ago.  That and he’d probably want to put me on Letterman for Stupid Pet Tricks. 

I guess LT has found somewhere outdoors to stay dry.  He’s got a bunch of places he hangs out.  Peep is asleep on the bed, totally slugged out.  She claimed that new pillow of Mommy’s and likes to sleep on it when Mommy isn’t using it.  I’m just going to hang in here until it clears up.  I think I’ll check out Flickr and ogle some handsome toms.  I’m just bored with all this rain, although the weekend was pretty good. 
-------------------
From: Tatum@cheerful.com
To: peepmissrudyandlt@gmail.com
Date: 10/4/10 13:45:52

Hi Rudy.  Being an indoor cat I don’t much care what the weather is, except that sometime my humans track in water, and I don’t like stepping on wet floors.  And, I guess my crunchy food gets a bit soggy if it rains for too many days in a row.  I do like sitting by the back door and watching the rain, though.  It’s so pretty.  I have to tell you that Ursula is being a nutcase these days.  My loving Daddy thinks she got into catnip, but she’s just crazy.  She’s been actually bouncing off furniture.  She launches herself at a chair, hits it with her paws and rebounds in another direction.  Squirrelly.  She tried to do that with me – I dunno, maybe she thought I weighed as much as an armchair and wouldn’t go flying across the room.  She apologized profusely, but man that hurt. 

The noisy girl came up and laid on the bed with me for a while the other night.  I miss having someone who will give me loves for as long as I like and then let me snuggle behind her knees.  Ande was good at that.  I still see her, and sometimes we snuggle for a little bit, but it’s just not the same.  My loving Daddy was talking about getting new carpet in the downstairs.  New carpet would be new opportunities for scratching, so that would be nice, but he’s talking about how all the furniture needs to be moved, and they have to tear up the old carpet first.  I think I’d be spending a day or two upstairs while that goes on. 

Well, not much going on here, and I think I hear the noisy girl getting up so I need to get off the computer.  Byeeee!
-------------------
From: Tatum@cheerful.com
To: Emmabuddyandkid@kittymail.com
Date: 10/4/10 14:12:52

Hi, sorry to take so long to get back to you, Emma.  I saw your email this morning, but when I was about to reply I thought the noisy girl was going to get up, so I had to log off.  Turns out she was just using the facilities, so I’m back.  I’m sorry to hear that Ziggy has a hurt paw, even if you do like to torment him.  Ande and the noisy girl say he’s a nice dog.  The noisy girl talked to me about all of you after she came back from visiting your place with Ande.  She said you look like one of her grandfather’s old cats – same coloring and build, except her legs were a bit shorter.  I’m glad you were nice to her.  She’s a good kid, and probably won’t even be too noisy when she’s over there with Ande, since she won’t have her computer to play loud music from YouTube.  Sometimes when I’m hanging out in her room she puts on the music and starts jumping around, I think it’s called dancing, but it looks like jumping to me.  I try to find the safest place possible, like under the table the television is on, way back against the wall.  I don’t want to get stepped on! 

I was just writing to Rudy and said that I don’t know from rain, because I’m an indoor cat.  So, I can sympathize with you, but I have no clue what it’s like to be out in rain, and I don’t think I want to find out from everything you all say.  Well, try to stay dry, and I’ll email if anything interesting happens.  It mostly doesn’t here, but you never know!

No comments: